I've noticed that a lot of questions with several 'answers' aren't upvoted, or are disproportionately upvoted (6 answers, 1 upvote). Is this normal or expected?
To clarify, the question being asked isn't upvoted.
- Don't want to give reputation to non sysadmin/IT professional questions.
- Question itself wasn't interesting, but answers were.
- Don't want to increase search engine results for some questions.
- Comment on the original question to help the asker improve the quality of the question itself.
- Make the question a community wiki so it can be modified by others to improve it.