This question's answer has a couple of comments of a rather suspicious nature which left me with the impression that the question's author is trying really hard to drive the discussion towards a certain product. And indeed, a short search revealed that he is seemingly affiliated with the mentioned company. As neither the question nor any answers mention the syscomgroup's stuff directly, I wondered how such cases are handled.
- should I just comment upon the question, downvote it and leave it as a memorial?
- should I flag it for moderation attention?
- should I vote to close it with some obscure reason?
For now I opted for 1. but I am open to suggestions to do otherwise.
As I see, the question has since been
- migrated to superuser
- closed and deleted there
- deleted by Community here
- had its poster excommunicated
The points I am wondering about are:
- why has the deletion been done by "Community"?
- having the spamming users banned would not give them the opportunity to read the community's comments - would they get the hint nonetheless?
- should not we leave this question visible and just edit out the links and delete the spammy comments instead? It has some merit at least.
For the sake of completeness here the screenshot of the conversation which is meanwhile marked as "deleted":