Professional PHP developer with a tendency to defend that language where others just throw their hands up - although there certainly are things it would be good to throw away and start again! Similarly, I'm a big fan of PostgreSQL, but not of routinely bashing MySQL except in the specific cases where it deserves it.
I tend to downvote answers that give a literal code solution to the problem posed with no accompanying explanation, as they miss the opportunity to teach people how to solve the problem themselves next time.
If I'm arguing with you after 23:00 UTC, please tell me to go to bed!
I spend a lot of time explaining the PHP SimpleXML API, and defending against misconceptions and misunderstandings; here are a top 3:
var_dump()SimpleXML data, or you will be more confused than when you started. I have written some debug functions to use instead.
- There is nothing wrong with CDATA sections in SimpleXML. Just always cast to string.
- Namespaces (AKA "tags with colons in them") are really easy - just use the
Top Network Posts
- 472Save PL/pgSQL output from PostgreSQL to a CSV file
- 55Can PHP PDO Statements accept the table name as parameter?
- 30Where can I find a Subversion 1.8 binary?
- 17Replace preg_replace() e modifier with preg_replace_callback
- 14How to create a user with readonly privileges for all databases in postgres
- 14'Serialization of 'SimpleXMLElement' is not allowed when saving in Wordpress post_meta
- 13Notice: Unknown: Skipping numeric key 1 in Unknown on line 0
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.