Developer, Systems Admin, Geek, Gadget lover, etc. etc.
I started programming in BASIC at the age of 11 on a Sinclair ZX81, advanced to a BBC Model B, where I learned 6502 assembly language programming. I never really worked with PCs until the early 90s.
In the late 90s, I joined a higher educational institution as a desktop technician, a quickly got promoted to be a systems admin, working predominantly on Windows systems, but also had a keen interest in Linux systems. I later got involved in software development, working in C#, PHP, C.
In my current employment, I'm the manager of the company's Information Systems department. The primary focus of our business is industrial control systems (mostly legacy systems). The work isn't exclusively legacy/control systems though, as we also support modern systems for a number of business customers.
Top Network Posts
- 50Does Windows have a built-in ZIP command for the command line?
- 41PDU wiring - is this normal (or even safe)?
- 35How to determine if user account is enabled or disabled
- 34How to stop spammers from sending spam as me
- 27What is the best angle for an enderpearl if I am aiming for distance?
- 21Windows Server 2012 GUI went missing after removing Active Directory
- 16Remove All Directory Permissions
- View more network posts →