Building data pipelines and analytical systems at massive scale. My experience lies in distributed systems, focusing on data driven large-scale systems (10.000+ nodes).
For the highly concurrent world my choice of development environment is Erlang(BEAM) and Clojure (JVM). Using functional languages that supports thousands of lightweight threads communicating with message passing and having inverted concurrency control enables low latency and high throughput with thread safe software.
Storing data at scale has been an interesting subject to me, I am familiar with the RCFile whitepaper and the more recent publication about ORC and Parquet. I have been using columnar stores beside the classical row oriented stores (SQL servers) and key-value stores (Riak, Couchbase).
Analysis of large datasets is sometimes challenging. Using caching and sampling and few other techniques makes it possible to query these sets. I am familiar with few query engines (Hive, PrestoDB, Tez).
Top Network Posts
- 21Print regexp matches in AWK
- 19Too many open files error on Ubuntu 8.04
- 12Is there a way to calculate the percentage CPU utilization by reading /proc/stat at once?
- 10What is the most efficient way to initialize a Class in Ruby with different parameters and default values?
- 8Listening for both IPv6 and IPv4 in apache 2.2
- 7Our security auditor is an idiot. How do I give him the information he wants?
- 7How to configure linux file descriptor limit with fs.file-max and ulimit
- View more network posts →