I am a highly motivated, results-driven IT professional with 10 years experience, a systems engineer who enjoys working on large-scale systems and challenging problems. I have experience with large number of servers (10.000+) connected via WAN and LAN, which makes it possible for cloud providers to deliver reliable services to customers
My current role is: systems engineer of the team which runs the websites.
On the top of usual systems engineering tasks, I like to develop softwares, my main language is Ruby (and I use Ruby on Rails of course :) ) but I can read and understand (and fix) Perl and Python, however it is not my favorite. I started to learn Erlang recently, which helps me understand the challenges what software developers face with distributed systems.
Top network posts
- 17Print regexp matches in AWK
- 17Too many open files error on Ubuntu 8.04
- 9Is there a way to calculate the percentage CPU utilization by reading /proc/stat at once?
- 8Listening for both IPv6 and IPv4 in apache 2.2
- 7How can I run the Ubuntu EC2 AMI images locally?
- 6How to encrypt files with Ruby?
- 6How to configure linux file descriptor limit with fs.file-max and ulimit
- View more network posts →