Sorry, I don't do chat. I'm not sure why that was integrated with a Q&A site.
If you have a question for me, post a question to the site like everyone else.
My primary area of expertise is the Win32 API. I work primarily in C++, C#, and VB.NET (although less in .NET these days). I also know VB 6, the MFC framework, and a little about C. I'm addicted to solving problems and happiest when I'm completely engaged in a challenge.
I absolutely despise non-native UI. There is no reason to skin controls just to make them look different. Conformity with your platform and user's selected theme is far more important and will pay many dividends. Please respect the user's choices. Yes, major software firms are guilty of doing this, too. That doesn't mean you should imitate their decision to override the user.
Fair warning: Brevity is not necessarily my strong suit...
Top network posts
- 311What is serial voting and how does it affect me?
- 233Release generating .pdb files, why?
- 177Declare a Const Array
- 139How can I wrap text in a label using WPF?
- 110Can we allow 7.5K users to suggest tag synonyms without a score of 5 in the tag?
- 101How do I convert byte to stream in C#?
- 81Why is the console window closing immediately without displaying my output?
- View more network posts →