As of June 2013 I work for Stack Exchange!
I've been a big fan of Stack Exchange since the start. Literally. I was listening to Joel's podcast when he and Mark would talk about this secret project idea they had, I was excided when they finally said what it was, I was in the secret beta, and I've been a big fan since it went live!
The new hotness: Puppet, Linux (CentOS), Mac OS X, Python.
Old and broken (my knowledge is atrophying due to lack of use): Perl, Solaris, FreeBSD.
System administrator, network engineer, time management guru, speaker, author of 3 books, and generally silly person. I wrote "Time Management for System Administrators" from O'Reilly. I co-wrote "The Practice of System and Network Administration".
I work at StackExchange, owner of ServerFault and StackOverflow, but I do not speak for them.
Top Network Posts
- 82Was this 4th grader's creationist quiz real?
- 50How can I get diff to show only added and deleted lines? If diff can't do it, what tool can?
- 48Had the love overflowed to the servers?
- 39Can a program tell it is being run under sudo?
- 23Can a program tell it is being run under sudo?
- 23What is a T1 in modern terms?
- 22Please complete the security check to access blog.stackoverflow.com
- View more network posts →