Physicist by training, now a programmer by choice. My languages of preference are Java and C, although I am also skilled in C# and many assembly languages, and competent in Perl, general shell scripting, and a handful of other languages I use less often. I can speak basic SQL. I write my HTML by hand and prefer table-free page layout.
I use Linux by preference, but also develop extensively under Windows. I've developed under various embedded and custom OS's and RTOS's (primarily Microware OS-9 and VxWorks), assorted UNIXes, VAX/VMS, and assorted Windows releases. I've played with RSTS/E and a few other operating systems that are unknown today.
My home website is pretty sparse, but will some day be populated. Really.
Top Network Posts
- 384Java Generics Wildcarding With Multiple Classes
- 300How do you find what process is holding a file open in Windows?
- 154How to know if other threads have finished?
- 140How to convert List<Integer> to int in Java?
- 135What does the servlet <load-on-startup> value signify
- 105How many threads can a Java VM support?
- 102How does CTRL-ALT-DEL to log in make Windows more secure?
- View more network posts →