I'm a freelance Enterprise IT consultant based in Perth, Australia.
I currently specialise in server consolidation, performance analysis, storage design and configuration, system monitoring, and high-availability architectures. In the past I've been a programmer, system administrator, systems architect, and vendor liaison.
I have designed, configured, troubleshot, programmed on and managed systems including several flavours of Solaris, Linux, VMware, and Windows Server. I have also designed, configured and integrated disk storage from Engenio, Sun, HDS, and EMC for use in heterogeneous environments, and tape storage from StorageTek (now Oracle), including backup servers and petabyte-scale HSM systems.
In 2008 I completed an MBA at the University of Western Australia in which I received several awards and prizes. With the MBA I gained an understanding of business requirements, project management, market analysis and product lifecycles.
If you'd like to enquire about engaging me for a project, please get in touch at tom.shaw<at>solidsystems.com.au.
Top Network Posts
- 10mdadm and 4k sectors (advanced format)
- 10LDAP: How to add a person to an existing group?
- 10Having public IP addresses for computers in private network
- 9iSCSI for databases, good idea
- 9How to insert text into mysql having quotes using perl
- 8ZFS: best practices for adding cache to pools
- 8Server recommendation for startup company... Cloud or not?
- View more network posts →