I noticed a new item on my profile page - Helpful Flags. This links through to a page listing some statistics related to where I have been helpful (or perhaps not). But I'm not quite sure what I am looking at. Can anyone explain?
Helpful flags. It's a summary/history of all the moderator flags you've raised, and which have been deemed helpful.
Once you have any helpful flags, and click the link, you'll get a page that looks something like the one below, but probably somewhat less awesome and impressive than mine. :)
If you explore around your page, you'll probably notice a few things.
- Only flagged posts are listed. Not love for the comments, as is the SE way.
- The posts you flagged are listed and hyper-linked.
- Whatever text or reason you put into your flag is put below the post hyperlink and highlighted in yellow.
- The status of the flag, as assigned by the moderator reviewing it, is next to your text and the time of the flag.
- Usually, but not always, "helpful" means the moderator acted on it, and "declined" means they didn't.
- Declined flags will usually have an explanation of why they were declined by the mod declining them.