Pardon me if this isn't proper etiquette, but I'm not sure where to politic for votes, so when in doubt, meta.
This question of mine was closed as off topic. Perhaps I could have framed it better for more useful responses, but its a bit annoying to see it closed.
Why you should vote to reopen:
- its relevant to the career of system administration
- it's got plenty of upvotes and only one downvote
- subjective questions are part of a healthy community
- awesome anecdotes are interesting
- five people favorited the question