I am confused about how to join this community. Here's what I've done so far:
1) I have a problem.
2) I came here for help
3) When I went to ask the question, the instructions told me to thoroughly search the existing topics before posting (to avoid duplicate questions).
4) I did so, and found another poster who has EXACTLY the same problem I do.
5) So I tried to comment, in to contribute what I knew about the problem to the question.
6) The site would not let me comment until I have 20 reputation, as a new member I only have 1.
7) I couldn't participate by commenting, but the site let me edit the question directly, so I added an edit (marked [Edit]) with what I had found related to the problem.
8) The edit was rejected because it makes no sense as an edit (which is true) and it really should have been comment. So the edit was deleted.
9) But I can't comment, until I have 20 reputation. So, I search for help.
10) I find the meta group (which seems to be a group ABOUT server fault). Essentially, this "felt" like customer service. Thinking I had found the right place, I tried to post a question about how to participate - but I am required to have 5 reputation points before I can do this.
So I am posting this question here on the main forum, because I can't find anywhere else to contribute.
At this point in the process, my actual question is like 3 or 4 levels down in the stack - and I'm simply trying to figure out how to participate in this community. This is an earnest question - though, in my experience, it will likely have the opposite effect than the desired one, and I will instead earn some down votes...
As I am literally out of ideas as to how to join the community - I am at this point open to suggestions. As a new member, with no reputation in this community, where am I allowed to participate?
If I contribute a new question - it will be obviously duplicate of an existing question, but I'm not allowed (yet) to participate in the existing question.
Genuinely confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The original question I was trying to participate in is here: Slow Initial RDP Connection to Windows 10