Greetings! I'm a professional software developer and geek born in the home computer age, living in Germany with a lovely daughter and my Japanese wife, in a small house that I (partially) built myself.
I prefer to grow software (constructing is the wrong metaphor) organically, test-driven and clean, with a lot of automation and supporting tools, which are best shared and collaboratively improved as open source. Like gardening, you need to take a long-term view, consider the seasons and surroundings to write beautiful, lasting applications.
- Stack Overflow 146.9k 146.9k 1515 gold badges181181 silver badges242242 bronze badges
- Super User 20k 20k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 14.7k 14.7k 3131 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 10k 10k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 384 384 88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 258 Find and replace strings in vim on multiple lines
- 198 refresh changed content of file opened in vi(m)
- 165 Create a new file in the directory of the open file in vim?
- 109 Vim: word vs WORD
- 70 Search and replace in vim in specific lines
- 69 How can I easily move a line?
- 66 How to use NERD Commenter for vim -- how to use <Leader> key
- View more network posts →