Greetings! I'm a professional software developer and geek born in the home computer age, living in Germany with a lovely daughter and my Japanese wife, in a small house that I (partially) built myself.
I prefer to grow software (constructing is the wrong metaphor) organically, test-driven and clean, with a lot of automation and supporting tools, which are best shared and collaboratively improved as open source. Like gardening, you need to take a long-term view, consider the seasons and surroundings to write beautiful, lasting applications.
- Stack Overflow 141.3k 141.3k 1515 gold badges167167 silver badges221221 bronze badges
- Super User 19.2k 19.2k 22 gold badges3232 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 13.6k 13.6k 2828 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 9.5k 9.5k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 344 344 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 229 Find and replace strings in vim on multiple lines
- 193 refresh changed content of file opened in vi(m)
- 147 Create a new file in the directory of the open file in vim?
- 101 Vim: word vs WORD
- 62 How to use NERD Commenter for vim -- how to use <Leader> key
- 60 Search and replace in vim in specific lines
- 57 vim - automatically formatting golang source code when saving
- View more network posts →