Developer, Systems Admin, Geek, Gadget lover, etc. etc.
I started programming in BASIC at the age of 11 on a Sinclair ZX81, advanced to a BBC Model B, where I learned 6502 assembly language programming. I never really worked with PCs until the early 90s.
In the late 90s, I joined a higher educational institution as a desktop technician, a quickly got promoted to be a systems admin, working predominantly on Windows systems, but also had a keen interest in Linux systems. I later got involved in software development, working in C#, PHP, C.
In my current employment, I'm the manager of the company's Information Systems department. The primary focus of our business is industrial control systems (mostly legacy systems). The work isn't exclusively legacy/control systems though, as we also support modern systems for a number of business customers.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Member for 12 years, 1 month
61 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 '20 at 14:41
- Server Fault 7.5k 7.5k 1313 gold badges6767 silver badges9292 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.1k 3.1k 99 gold badges3838 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Arqade 2k 2k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.2k 1.2k 88 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 73 How to determine if user account is enabled or disabled
- 57 Does Windows have a built-in ZIP command for the command line?
- 43 PDU wiring - is this normal (or even safe)?
- 42 How do you make a local (LAN) server in minecraft?
- 36 How to stop spammers from sending spam as me
- 29 What is the best angle for an enderpearl if I am aiming for distance?
- 26 Windows Server 2012 GUI went missing after removing Active Directory
- View more network posts →