I'm a full time dad right now and will be for the next couple of years (It's 2016 as I write) so I mostly code for fun and to keep my hand in. As far as languages go my true love is python (with django if the project has significant backend requirements). That said, after 20 years of random occasional programming gigs I have made my peace with most other non MS languages (Perl excepted!). I'm happiest on linux but, having done a LOT of support work in heterogeneous environments I can find my way round Mac & PC's pretty well too.
I'm not really a gun for hire again til 2018/2019 but I want to keep my skills fresh and one should never say never. Consequently if you've got any small or interesting gigs going, esp for London based companies, get in touch via my website technicalbloke.com (and by phone on 07761-532-428 9am-9pm if a timely response is important).
London, United Kingdom
Member for 7 years, 3 months
2 profile views
Last seen Nov 22 '12 at 16:48
- Stack Overflow 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 883 883 11 gold badge22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 311 311 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 253 253 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- 3D Printing 131 131 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 78 Is there a name for the phenomenon of false positives counterintuitively outstripping true positives
- 55 subprocess.check_output() doesn't seem to exist (Python 2.6.5)
- 18 Is there a way to do multiple assignment and initialization with block scope?
- 16 Validating client certificates in PyOpenSSL
- 13 Difference between res.send and res.json in Express.js
- 13 How can I merge all the videos in a folder to make a single video file using FFMPEG
- 12 Drop shadow on text
- View more network posts →
Top tags (3)
Sep 24 '14