Anthony G - justice for Monica
Stack Exchange did an amazing job of building up a very high quality repository of technical questions and answers. They did this by providing tools that allowed a community of dedicated people to curate this body of knowledge. Unfortunately, over the past number of years, the interests of the corporation (short-term user growth at the expense of else) have diverged from that of the community (maintain high quality). This letter expresses these ideas more eloquently than I can.
I was an active volunteer (flagging, reviewing, voting, improving tags, etc.) but after the straw that broke the camel’s back, I will no longer give up my free time to help moderate these sites.
- Unix & Linux 9.6k 9.6k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges5959 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.8k 8.8k 44 gold badges3737 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Super User 3.1k 3.1k 1717 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 1.1k 1.1k 1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 268 Why is the use of len(SEQUENCE) in condition values considered incorrect by Pylint?
- 123 Viewing all iptables rules
- 106 Is Vim immune to copy-paste attack?
- 73 Why does bashrc check whether the current shell is interactive?
- 61 Get SSH server key fingerprint
- 61 Are shell scripts sensitive to encoding and line endings?
- 50 Run ./script.sh vs bash script.sh - permission denied
- View more network posts →