IPv6 deployment is 13 years behind where it should have been. If you think disabling IPv6 is ever the correct solution to a problem then you are part of the problem. If you ask how to disable IPv6 you can expect a downvote from me. If you suggest disabling IPv6 as a solution you can expect a downvote from me.
In 2014 I applied a logistic growth model to the numbers published by Google and predicted that 2018 Sep 1 would be the first day Google saw more than 50% IPv6 traffic and 2019 Jan 18 would be the last day Google saw more than 50% IPv4 traffic.
Since then IPv6 adoption has been slowing down while problems caused by IPv4 shortage has been getting much worse.
Should you ever want to give me remote access to a machine, my ssh public key is:
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDM1Ot12ThbTcPOGpfh7AiRqp3P4BMm3DNo4mDg7gDFPwCmM9rKRHTH0fBVSqkSGlXm84q29bckDukg7vfqkbTpbkP3e2YmTkP6p1J2SoX2QMUnBRRgL9It/ZiAfA2I4QzUrcywVvokO1F2DqcRLy5e5wKTUFfvIm6D2QfBmGbnW2Kkpn16hQyLT1ClXjFC1qXUhazePv0cAtWUCUGjRcLr/ipOphS7eOB46cGhYqtbMkKx0t93ZG4f6jM0o32cYy3RqprpZpTmCeG1gDyG+IlSLBYXYggr72iwTKsTZ9pMDTCBQ8Pb7l317TPOcJzTtDxnpgpGE3x4Vu/Ww+zhsIeT kasperd 2014 May 24
Sometimes I wonder if this xkcd comic might actually be inspired by StackExchange.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
206 profile views
Last seen Mar 26 at 18:17
- Server Fault 27k 27k 1212 gold badges5656 silver badges107107 bronze badges
- Information Security 5.2k 5.2k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 2.7k 2.7k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 2.6k 2.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 177 How bad is IPv4 address exhaustion really?
- 120 Was any character alive during all of the Star Wars episodes from 1 to 7?
- 92 Seventeen year old daughter wants to take an international trip to meet someone she met online
- 65 Should I take over a compromised website from another hacker?
- 61 Is "transaction.atomic" same as "transaction.commit_on_success"?
- 59 Piping wget output to /dev/null in cron
- 54 Do 'dumb' (non-smart, non-managed) switches have an IP address?
- View more network posts →