Started using Perl somewhere around version 4.030. Started administrating Unix boxes when I wanted the install a new Perl version and someone said "Do it yourself, here's the root password". I have been in at least one Perl programming project where I had programmed Perl longer than another other team member had been alive. We were both quite disturbed by this.
In 2008 I started consulting for the Swedish top-level registry, taking care of their DNSCheck tool. This led to me learning far more about DNS than anybody should have to, and eventually to a cooperation with the French TLD registry to write a from-scratch replacement for our DNSCheck and their Zonecheck. The result is Zonemaster. We won CENTR's 2015 award for best R&D project.
I have since moved on, and will spend much of 2016 helping the Swedish police force speed up their software development.
Member for 5 years
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 24 '17 at 14:26
Top network posts
- 29 What is the maximum length of a DNS name
- 24 How to run own gTLD on my DNS server?
- 18 "SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid" warning by mxtoolbox.com - why?
- 10 No IPv6 & DNSSEC support on cc-TLD? (practical implications)
- 10 Why is a list of undef not a read-only or constant value in Perl?
- 7 What reason to use '-' sign in perl hash key name?
- 7 Email Verification with DNS & SMTP Check from Heroku Rails App
- View more network posts →