International IT Director for Mission Without Borders
Longtime Unix/Linux user (first used 1984, professional since 1988).
Enjoying a bit of a change with Windows (professional, on and off, since 1988).
Know which I prefer.
Ad hoc consulting enquiries welcome by email to info @ roaima.co.uk. (I try to reply to everyone. Please check your spam folder for replies as Gmail really doesn't like me.)
Feel free to buy me a coffee should you want to do so. I can particularly recommend Machu Picchu from Café Direct if you'd like to try something yourself. Or you can donate to Mission Without Borders and help our ongoing work in Eastern Europe.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
1 profile view
Last seen Feb 28 at 20:36
- Unix & Linux 74.3k 74.3k 1111 gold badges9797 silver badges187187 bronze badges
- Super User 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.5k 1.5k 1111 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 415 415 55 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 257 257 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 83 Why is scp so slow and how to make it faster?
- 76 Why do I have to use sudo for almost everything?
- 73 How to rsync files between two remotes?
- 68 How to copy a folder recursively in an idempotent way using cp?
- 43 iptables and RETURN target
- 42 How to read dmesg from previous session? (dmesg.0)
- 42 Why can't I kill a SIGSTOP'd process with a SIGTERM, and where is the pending signal stored?
- View more network posts →