I'm a Data Scientist (formerly Data Engineer) at a national Canadian bank
Previously, I was a Data Scientist at Ritchie Bros. (market cap $5B)
I'm also one of the authors of the book "RapidMiner: Data Mining Use Cases"
I taught Data Mining for Management at UBC's graduate business school for a few years, as well as upper-level Economics at Royal Roads University
I'm an AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialist
Statistics & Data Mining: Deep Learning, Python, SageMaker, Tableau
Databases: PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Spark, Hive. See my blog at https://database-patterns.blogspot.com/
I'm good at Java, Python, Bash and SQL
Member for 10 years, 4 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 17 '16 at 18:40
- Stack Overflow 41.5k 41.5k 1212 gold badges107107 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 9.1k 9.1k 1212 gold badges5353 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 7.3k 7.3k 33 gold badges3333 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Information Security 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 564 Hyphen, underscore, or camelCase as word delimiter in URIs?
- 257 How would you explain Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) to a layperson?
- 154 How does Apple find dates, times and addresses in emails?
- 140 Why does NULL = NULL evaluate to false in SQL server
- 131 Spring MVC @RestController and redirect
- 130 How can I argue convincingly against duplicating database columns?
- 106 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- View more network posts →