Physicist by training, now a programmer by choice. My languages of preference are Java and C, although I am also skilled in C# and many assembly languages, and competent in Perl, general shell scripting, and a handful of other languages I use less often. I can speak basic SQL. I write my HTML by hand and prefer table-free page layout.
I use Linux by preference, but also develop extensively under Windows. I've developed under various embedded and custom OS's and RTOS's (primarily Microware OS-9 and VxWorks), assorted UNIXes, VAX/VMS, and assorted Windows releases. I've played with RSTS/E and a few other operating systems that are unknown today.
My home website is pretty sparse, but will some day be populated. Really.
Member for 11 years, 2 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 21 '15 at 22:56
- Stack Overflow 49.5k 49.5k 1919 gold badges114114 silver badges140140 bronze badges
- Server Fault 10.7k 10.7k 77 gold badges3333 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Super User 223 223 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 146 146 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 121 121 88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 616 Java Generics Wildcarding With Multiple Classes
- 460 How do you find what process is holding a file open in Windows?
- 227 How to know if other threads have finished?
- 186 What does the servlet <load-on-startup> value signify
- 178 Differences between Exception and Error
- 170 How many threads can a Java VM support?
- 121 How does CTRL-ALT-DEL to log in make Windows more secure?
- View more network posts →