Good code solves only existing issues, without extra universality, doesn't contain anti-patterns and covered by tests to be able to evolve.
Rust programmer since 2015. My favorite language.
Angular/JS fan and developer since 2011 (from pre-1.0 stage),
PHP backend programmer since 2004. Like to write clean OOP code with unit-tests.
Technologies, apps and services I have experience with: SOA, REST, AngularJS, PHP, Ionic, D3, Jasmine, Protractor, Twitter Bootstrap, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Beanstalk, Mandrill, PayPal, Stripe, AWS APIs, Git, Travis CI...
Things I'd like to get more experience with: AI, HTML5 Media (audio, video, canvas).
Things I don't want to work with: MS SQL, CoffeeScript.
Very passionate to work with Rust.
I think unit-tests are essential for code evolution. There is no code without need to evolution. TDD helps to build modular and easy maintainable system. Time, spent to writing tests is much less than time that will be spent to debug.
Have a lot of experience with caching (also with semaphores, preventing dog-pile and race condition effects). I wrote an PHP-wrapper for Redis, published on redis.io and successfully working with high load, getting thankful feedback from programmers who use it. Like to optimize performance of algorithms and applications.
Time of developer's work costs more than server's resources. Page must be generated fast, should have minimum full page reloads, minimum http-requests - all for user's comfort.
My favorite books are 'Clean code', 'Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture' and 'PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice' . Also, I like ideas of Miško Hevery.
I like and respect SOLID principles, hexagonal architecture, MVC pattern, and, especially, Separation of concerns (it's not all bookshelf, just most important for me).
- Stack Overflow 11.8k 11.8k 66 gold badges4343 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 297 297 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Server Fault 201 201 11 gold badge33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Ask Different 195 195 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Super User 103 103 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 113 constant already defined in php
- 108 AngularJS directive with default options
- 58 How do I make my PHP IDE understand Dependency Injection Containers?
- 55 SimpleXml how to correctly set encoding and xmins?
- 37 AngularJS-Twig conflict with double curly braces
- 36 Angularjs minify best practice
- 22 Can the time to live (TTL) for a memcached key be set to infinite?
- View more network posts →