Sometimes folks (myself included) answer a question with what should have been a comment. Is there a way to move the inappropriate answer to a comment rather than delete/add it?

2 Answers 2


Moderators have the ability convert answers to comments. So for now if you flag the comment as needing moderator attention the moderators can convert it to a comment.

  • Yep, I do these a lot, very easy to do actually - and flexible too - not 100% sure about the valid/invalid things though - is it valid if it's a valid question/answer or valid as a flag?
    – Chopper3
    Jan 28, 2011 at 17:32
  • 1
    @Chopper3: I was assuming it was valid as a flag ... but now that you ask... Jan 28, 2011 at 21:44
  • @Chopper It's valid as a flag. The system uses it to determine if flags from that user are generally right, so it can show them higher in the flag list Jan 29, 2011 at 5:13
  • oh good, mild panic over :)
    – Chopper3
    Jan 29, 2011 at 10:39

You could flag it for a moderator and ask them to do it.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .