In "How to Ask", or preferrably, after you click "Ask Question" and before it allows you to type anything, there needs to be some kind of feature that warns against astonishingly vague questions like this one, which are quickly becoming a plague on Serverfault. Those who are interested in answering questions need to know:
- Have you Googled it? This question may have already been asked, and as such, the answer is probably already out there.
- What are you trying to do?
- Why are you trying to do it?
- What equipment are you using? Operating system? Software?
- If this is a question about a specific error, what is the error message?
- Does this question actually belong on Superuser.com?
This also applies to Superuser.com, since it's definitely going to attract noobs like AOL does, all with the same level of technical savvy. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, but we'll need something to prevent questions like "My computer doesn't work" that give roughly as much detail in the body.