I discussed this in The Comms Room but will throw it here for discussion.
My proposal is something similar to what eBay does with their "allow bids only if rep higher than X and not international", etc.
I'm not a programmer in the least or I'd attempt to figure this out myself or at least speak the lingo that would help.
Due to the issues with the influx lately of horrible questions pouring over from SO or from new users and the issues found here: Why the major FAQ/help change?
What I'd like:
- A way to filter the SF site to only see questions from users with a rep higher than
- A way to filter out questions with tags that are of no interest or I have no expertise in
- A way to filter out questions if the user asking is unregistered
- A way to filter out questions if the user has a rep less than 200 on SF but higher than 200 on SO
- A way to combine, mix/match filters, and/or, etc.
Yeah, so there you go...maybe it's already been done but all I see is this: https://stackapps.com/questions/1325/can-i-filter-users-by-reputation-or-up-vote-count-using-the-api and that doesn't quite help me.
Good idea? Horrible idea? Shut up Cleaner?