Generic sysadmin. Hack coder. Jack of all trades, master of some.
I expect you to read any reference material I link to in my answers. If the answer to your question is contained in said reference material and the reference source is not likely to disappear I will probably not cut and paste it onto SF unless it's really cool/interesting/obscure.
In return I promise not to link anyone to goatse or tubgirl
I expect you to think for yourself and do a little thinking (and mayhaps even some work) to solve your problems. If you aren't capable of this, please exit the profession via the door on your left.
In return I promise to do my best to aim you in the right direction, and to clarify any points you have trouble with
New York, United States
Member for 9 years, 5 months
473 profile views
Last seen Apr 11 '17 at 19:46
- Server Fault 75k 75k 1414 gold badges118118 silver badges201201 bronze badges
- Aviation 62k 62k 66 gold badges197197 silver badges308308 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 8.9k 8.9k 11 gold badge2424 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- The Workplace 5.3k 5.3k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 2.1k 2.1k 1515 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 382 Something is burning in the server room; how can I quickly identify what it is?
- 340 Why is "chmod -R 777 /" destructive?
- 242 Sudo as different user and running screen
- 133 Can you help me with my capacity planning?
- 120 How should I properly approach my boss if I'm feeling underpaid?
- 106 The MIT License – Clarity on Using Code on Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange
- 97 Can you help me with my capacity planning?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (70)
53 How can I ask better questions on Server Fault? Sep 4 '12
48 How can I ask better questions on Server Fault? Sep 4 '12
38 Abrupt change in moderation staff? Apr 11 '15
28 Community Promotion Ads - 2013 Dec 10 '12
27 Community Promotion Ads - 2013 Dec 10 '12
26 Can we do anything to change the dynamic of the site? May 16 '13
21 New close reasons - Proposals (July 2013) Jun 27 '13