re: "Trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity."
Who on the gall derned planet came up with that ridiculous fallacy? That's like saying "If she doesn't climax after the first few strokes, you might as well give up."
Can you name one thing you can do over and over without eventually getting a different result? Write with a pencil - eventually it breaks or gets used up. Look at the sun - eventually you go blind. Breathe - eventually you die.
Even the intended meaning - "If the approach you're taking isn't producing results, it's silly to keep using it" - just isn't necessarily true. Like most things, it depends on those devilish details.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
12 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 '15 at 19:36
Top network posts
- 102 How can I check if a string represents an int, without using try/except?
- 31 How do I create a foreign key in SQL Server?
- 30 How to declare abstract method in non-abstract class in PHP?
- 25 How exactly does binary code get converted into letters?
- 13 Meanings of the columns in "last" command
- 9 Creating API that is fluent
- 9 -event- can only appear on the left hand side of += or -=
- View more network posts →