I've been Linux user for over 10 years, and been computing since around age 11. I got my start in programming by learning Perl on my Debian machine in high school. Since then I've learned numerous languages including C, C++, and Python. I've also dabbled in Java and assembly.
I have a bachelors degree in Computer Engineering from Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
I've worked in Japan as a CAD software developer in C++ on Windows. Not my favorite environment, but an interesting project never the less.
I'm currently employed by a Vancouver-based biotech startup working primarily on systems level projects but doing my fair share of software development.
My favorite programming language is Python and I use it nearly every day. My recent interests lie in virtualization, hpc, and large-scale systems management. I'm an active contributor to the Bcfg2 project.
Member for 11 years, 1 month
3 profile views
Last seen Jul 6 '12 at 16:49
- Stack Overflow 16.8k 16.8k 1010 gold badges4242 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Server Fault 11.4k 11.4k 77 gold badges4141 silver badges6565 bronze badges
- Area 51 317 317 55 bronze badges
- Super User 266 266 22 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 146 146 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 548 How to import a module given its name as string?
- 459 How to edit log message already committed in Subversion?
- 77 How can I print literal curly-brace characters in python string and also use .format on it?
- 70 Is there any built-in way to get the length of an iterable in python?
- 57 How can I get more info on open pipes show in /proc in Linux?
- 36 How can I use UUIDs in SQLAlchemy?
- 35 Soft limit vs Hard limit?
- View more network posts →