Windows / Linux / Unix sysadmin since '96. Cut my teeth on Xenix (ick!) and have been a Linux user since '93 (yay-- Slackware!). Worked w/ more Windows NT 3.51 and 4.0 than I care to recall. Today MSFT stuff mainly pays my bills but I try to keep at least passingly familiar with Linux.
I've been an independent consultant / contractor since 2004. I write some code too but my main gig is sysadmin and IT project work.
Server Fault bragging:
- I was the top rep user on the site from July 22, 2009 to November 24, 2014.
- First user to hit the rep cap from their laboring wife's hospital room
- First user awarded the Legendary badge (hitting the rep cap 150 days).
- First user awarded the "Epic" badge (hitting the rep cap 50 days)
- First user to be awarded a tag badge (for "windows")
- First user awarded the gold "windows" tag badge
- First non-beta user over the 10K reputation mark and the second user to do it, beta nonwithstanding. Also the first user over the 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K, 60K, 70K, 80K, 90K, 100K, and 110K marks.
Member for 10 years, 8 months
165 profile views
Last seen Jan 3 at 14:42
- Server Fault 137.3k 137.3k 1515 gold badges183183 silver badges319319 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 11.3k 11.3k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 1.7k 1.7k 1212 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 818 818 55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Information Security 184 184 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 683 SQL Server: Database stuck in "Restoring" state
- 654 How does IPv4 Subnetting Work?
- 298 vbscript output to console
- 230 How do VLANs work?
- 156 Is there a way to view the members of an Active Directory group if you aren't a domain admin and can't log into to a domain controller?
- 123 Early signs of a bad sysadmin
- 108 Get IIS6 to serve JSON files (inc. POST,GET)?
- View more network posts →