I studied information science and did computers from the old Commodore VC-20 onwards.
I started during study as pc-admin for DOS, Windows, WfW and all related software and hardware stuff.
Later I switched over to servers, starting with linux-samba and NT 3.5/4.0.
My first job made me a Solaris admin in a huge company with over 500 solaris servers. There I got every day a new interesting problem that I have never encountered before.
My next job brought me into project management and later back to system administration - mainly Linux. It was frustrating to manage a project when you knew that doing the admin`s job yourselv would have the current step finished in less than 30 minutes...
- Unix & Linux 16.9k 16.9k 1111 gold badges4444 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- Server Fault 7.5k 7.5k 33 gold badges2929 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 433 433 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Super User 347 347 33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Martial Arts 213 213 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 151 What is the difference between /tmp and /var/tmp?
- 129 Can I "export" functions in bash?
- 101 How does tcp-keepalive work in ssh?
- 62 How to force MySQL to connect by TCP instead of a Unix socket?
- 55 rsync compare directories?
- 27 How to trace a java-program?
- 26 How do you omit "./" when running scripts on current directory
- View more network posts →