I studied information science and did computers from the old Commodore VC-20 onwards.
I started during study as pc-admin for DOS, Windows, WfW and all related software and hardware stuff.
Later I switched over to servers, starting with linux-samba and NT 3.5/4.0.
My first job made me a Solaris admin in a huge company with over 500 solaris servers. There I got every day a new interesting problem that I have never encountered before.
My next job brought me into project management and later back to system administration - mainly Linux. It was frustrating to manage a project when you knew that doing the admin`s job yourselv would have the current step finished in less than 30 minutes...
Member for 8 years, 7 months
34 profile views
Last seen Oct 4 '18 at 15:00
- Unix & Linux 13.3k 13.3k 77 gold badges3939 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Server Fault 6.9k 6.9k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Super User 342 342 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 338 338 33 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Martial Arts 158 158 55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 115 What is the difference between /tmp and /var/tmp?
- 85 How does tcp-keepalive work in ssh?
- 83 Can I "export" functions in bash?
- 52 How to force MySQL to connect by TCP instead of a Unix socket?
- 46 rsync compare directories?
- 26 How do you omit "./" when running scripts on current directory
- 25 How to trace a java-program?
- View more network posts →