The current bounty system is broken.
I ran into the issue listed in this question: Can MS Certificate Services be a Subordinate to CA created with OpenSSL
The only answer was "you are using the wrong tool for the job". I know that's not a true statement, so I created a bounty hoping someone would come along and give a better answer.
Now I get an e-mail from serverfault saying that my bounty will be automatically awarded.
- The bounty is being auto-awarded to the answer that claims openssl isn't the correct tool for signing certificates.
- There are no other answers (valid or not)
- I can't 'retract' my bounty
- Why can't a bounty stay open indefinitely until someone actually answers the question? Especially if the asker hasn't marked any answer.
- I don't care that 4 other people up-voted the answer--it's still a bad answer.