ServerFault contains numerous questions, some dating back 2+ years, that were on-topic when posted but have become off-topic due to changes in our standards for acceptable questions. This is particularly true of questions seeking product recommendations and software licensing advice.
- Cheap but highly available shared storage
- Would you recommend Windows Vista?
- Recommend server hardware
- Active Directory Licensing
- Terminal Server Licensing with citrix?
- Have we created a situation wherein ServerFault in effect offers only outdated advice when it comes to product recommendations and software licensing?
- Over the long term, could this situation have a negative impact on our recommendation as a best practice community? For example: could a future Windows Server 8 admin come here looking for information on terminal services licensing, but only find answers pertaining to Server 2003 and Server 2008? Could that give the incorrect impression that ServerFault is a derelict Q&A site that lost its wings in 2010?
- Should there be an organized campaign to flag and remove old questions have become off-topic due to changes in our rules?