Is there a need for a question (or set of questions) and answers around SSH publickey refusal queries?
For stuff like,
- Why do I get "Permission denied (publickey)" when trying to SSH from local Ubuntu to a Amazon EC2 server?
- Permission denied (publickey) when trying to ssh into an ec2 machine (-v details included)
- ssh error with publickey for normal user
- Permission denied (publickey) error
- Not able to do ssh(without asking passowrd) to remote System using Authentication Keys
- EC2 instance always ask me to enter passphrase for the pem during connection
I was thinking along the lines of setting up key pairs, permissions, remembering to ssh in as the right user, using -v -v to get more diagnostics, settings in the sshd_config file, etc.
However, thinking about it further, I wondered how much of that is on-topic for ServerFault, rather than SuperUser or Linux/UNIX? Just thought I'd gather some opinions.