Similar to the old "bad tag collection" thread, I'm looking for suggestions/submissions of tags we still have hanging around on Server Fault, that we would be better off not having in existence anymore, because they're no longer on topic (career), because they should be merged into something else (443), or because they just plain suck so much it's painful (fixed).
I'm also looking for tags that are a mess and need cleanup, but not might not need destroyed (documentation).
Either way, questions that are locked for historical significance can be ♦-edited (therefore, retagged) without bumping them to the top of the active list... so I'll be temporarily locking questions I retag to minimize disruptions.
I've also created a new tag, historical to help me deal with questions that don't really have a valid, on-topic tag that's applicable to them anymore.
Like the older bad tag older thread, the idea is to consolidate a bunch of retag/burninate requests into one, and this also allows me track tags I wish to kill off easily, without having hundreds of open browser tabs devoted to the purpose.
And of course, if anyone thinks a tag that I'm working on shouldn't be destroyed or cleaned up, that feedback is welcome as well. Post answers however you like - one tag per answer, multiple tags per answer, whatever - and I'll come by and add suggested tags to my list of tags to look into.
A couple notes to anyone who wants to search out tags in need of being killed off:
- Tags that actually have 0 questions are automatically deleted by a script daily.
- Tags with locked questions in them aren't affected by the deletion script.
- The individual page for a given tag (such as https://serverfault.com/questions/tagged/career) may lie to you!
- The default page for all tags is also a filthy, filthy liar.
- The small, grey number to the side of a tag indicates the number of questions a tag has, but doesn't count the number of locked questions in that tag.
- Tags without a number either have 0 unlocked questions in them, or aren't actually tags, but are synonyms.
Tags that I'm currently working on getting rid of:
Tags that I'm currently cleaning up: