Just another sad, but unremarkable tale of a bright kid who squandered his potential and ruined his life by turning to a career in IT.
Since first embarking down this dark path, I've done a little bit of everything, from small businesses to large datacenters, Linux to Windows, networking and security, DBA roles and, in my darkest moments, even some light mainframe operations.
These days it's Microsft products paying the bills, for what difference it makes. Whether it's a multi-domain AD environment with tens of thousands of users, a small cluster of Linux webservers, or a tangled web of network cables, systems are all just complex tools to do complex jobs, perpetually in need of someone to make them perform better and ensure they're always available when someone needs them.
Since being a lawyer seemed too boring, being a doctor seemed too hard, and my idea of a good time usually involves using a powerful computer anyway, I really can't imagine doing anything else.
Dear HopelessN00b Genius of network... it's easy for you to speak. If I could explain my problems in my language probably also an hysteric like you could help me, but in another Language (english) is no easy for me. Anyway thanks, I'll continue to try online. Ps. I make this job from 1998 when you were probably coming out of college. So before to speak... think!
Member for 7 years, 5 months
755 profile views
Last seen Mar 12 '18 at 14:25
- Server Fault 49k 49k 2525 gold badges121121 silver badges194194 bronze badges
- The Workplace 10.3k 10.3k 44 gold badges2121 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 4.6k 4.6k 1313 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Information Security 3k 3k 1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Super User 1.8k 1.8k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 258 Provider is "cheating", but I don't want to disclose how I found out
- 247 How to handle incompetent/aggressive customers incapable of describing a problem?
- 145 I broke an appliance at a company-supplied house -- should I turn myself in?
- 121 I received a written warning for my performance, how can I save my job?
- 107 Why did Churchill order the destruction of the bombes?
- 101 How can I connect to a Windows server using a Command Line Interface? (CLI)
- 98 DNS - NSLOOKUP what is the meaning of the non-authoritative answer?
- View more network posts →