I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows (until a job that requires Unix comes along!).
Member for 12 years
17 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 '19 at 9:30
- Stack Overflow♦ 127.3k 127.3k 2929 gold badges243243 silver badges315315 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 97.3k 97.3k 3232 gold badges248248 silver badges461461 bronze badges
- Super User 40.6k 40.6k 1717 gold badges9595 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.5k 38.5k 1111 gold badges121121 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.6k 16.6k 55 gold badges4747 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1186 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 648 Joining two lists together
- 326 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 320 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 264 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 217 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- View more network posts →