I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows (until a job that requires Unix comes along!).
Member for 10 years, 2 months
15 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 at 9:30
- Stack Overflow♦ 117.1k 117.1k 2525 gold badges223223 silver badges296296 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 84.7k 84.7k 3232 gold badges236236 silver badges446446 bronze badges
- Super User 38.8k 38.8k 1515 gold badges8989 silver badges141141 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 37.7k 37.7k 1010 gold badges118118 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.3k 16.3k 44 gold badges4343 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1083 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 494 Joining two lists together
- 252 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 244 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 228 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 188 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 174 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →