I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows (until a job that requires Unix comes along!).
Member for 10 years, 4 months
15 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 at 9:30
- Stack Overflow♦ 118k 118k 2525 gold badges225225 silver badges298298 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 85.3k 85.3k 3232 gold badges237237 silver badges448448 bronze badges
- Super User 38.9k 38.9k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 37.8k 37.8k 1010 gold badges119119 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.3k 16.3k 44 gold badges4444 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1085 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 509 Joining two lists together
- 257 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 251 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 233 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 188 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 178 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →