I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows (until a job that requires Unix comes along!).
Member for 10 years, 10 months
15 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 '19 at 9:30
- Stack Overflow♦ 121k 121k 2525 gold badges233233 silver badges305305 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 95.4k 95.4k 3232 gold badges240240 silver badges453453 bronze badges
- Super User 39.6k 39.6k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.1k 38.1k 1111 gold badges120120 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 55 gold badges4646 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1108 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 546 Joining two lists together
- 273 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 260 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 239 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 185 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →