I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows (until a job that requires Unix comes along!).
Member for 11 years, 6 months
17 profile views
Last seen Apr 23 '19 at 9:30
- Stack Overflow♦ 124.6k 124.6k 2828 gold badges239239 silver badges311311 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 96.4k 96.4k 3232 gold badges246246 silver badges461461 bronze badges
- Super User 40.3k 40.3k 1616 gold badges9494 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38.2k 38.2k 1111 gold badges121121 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 55 gold badges4747 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1130 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 615 Joining two lists together
- 306 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 296 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 251 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 204 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- 189 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- View more network posts →