I'm currently freelance specialising in international connectivity and infrastructure working with clients in the humanitarian space. If your organisation struggles to work effectively because of limited internet options in far flung locations, maybe I can help.
Until 2017 I worked at a large international development charity in London, as International Operations Manager. I managed a team of Regional ICT Service Managers, based in developing world countries, who kept the users happy through fixing problems, setting up great connectivity and generally making sure users could do their day jobs. I think I did a good job as a manager - some of my team went on to great things!
I previously worked at the same place as International Network Systems Analyst. I looked after a bunch of ICT systems in offices in the developing world, as well as looking after systems in our HQ. I gained a lot of knowledge in that job, and the techy side competes with the people stuff in the new role, hence I still hang out here a lot.
I'm passionate about the use of ICT in developing countries, both in terms of dealing with the inherent problems for ICT in those places, and using ICT as a tool for development.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 6 months
44 profile views
Last seen Jul 15 '15 at 21:01
- Server Fault 8.9k 8.9k 2020 gold badges7474 silver badges113113 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 850 850 33 gold badges1414 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Super User 843 843 11 gold badge99 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Ask Different 556 556 44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Photography 493 493 11 gold badge55 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 50 Can postfix be set up to forward mail to multiple recipients
- 42 How to stop Excel following hyperlinks when I click on them?
- 42 Testing whether jumbo frames are actually working
- 41 Effects of configuring vm.overcommit_memory
- 35 How do I list a Subversion repository's ignore settings?
- 31 How can I tell what version of SharePoint a site is using, from the outside?
- 19 VMware ESXi shutdown triggered by APC UPS connected via USB
- View more network posts →