I work at a large international development charity in London, as International Operations Manager. I manage a team of Regional ICT Service Managers, based in developing world countries, who keep our users happy through fixing problems, setting up great connectivity and generally making sure users can do their day jobs.
I previously worked at the same place as International Network Systems Analyst. I looked after a bunch of ICT systems in offices in the developing world, as well as looking after systems in our HQ. I gained a lot of knowledge in that job, and the techy side competes with the people stuff in the new role, hence I still hang out here a lot.
I'm passionate about the use of ICT in developing countries, both in terms of dealing with the inherent problems for ICT in those places, and using ICT as a tool for development.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 2 months
44 profile views
Last seen Jul 15 '15 at 21:01
Top Network Posts
- 43 Can postfix be set up to forward mail to multiple recipients
- 42 Testing whether jumbo frames are actually working
- 38 Effects of configuring vm.overcommit_memory
- 37 How to stop Excel following hyperlinks when I click on them?
- 30 How can I tell what version of SharePoint a site is using, from the outside?
- 29 How do I list a Subversion repository's ignore settings?
- 17 VMware ESXi shutdown triggered by APC UPS connected via USB
- View more network posts →