What's to say? My real name's Tom Yates; check my personal website for a touch more detail, if you want to. I've been a professional UNIX/network sysadmin since 1991, and currently sysadmin free software for a living through my own little company. I sometimes write for LWN.
For those kind enough to care, I take the masculine pronoun by preference. That's it.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years, 7 months
356 profile views
Last seen Apr 16 at 11:19
- Server Fault 75.9k 75.9k 1919 gold badges168168 silver badges220220 bronze badges
- Open Source♦ 30.9k 30.9k 44 gold badges6767 silver badges106106 bronze badges
- Travel 8.7k 8.7k 22 gold badges3333 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges88 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge55 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 302 How do I prevent colleagues from making fun of the length of my password?
- 173 reverse the order of characters in a string
- 164 Does drilling a hole into a hard drive suffice to make its data unrecoverable?
- 161 What is a challenge password?
- 129 What is "-bash: !": event not found"
- 112 Perform rsync while following sym links
- 108 How to answer "Have you ever been refused a visa?" if I've had a refusal overturned
- View more network posts →