top 0.09% overall
What's to say? My real name's Tom Yates; check my personal website for a touch more detail, if you want to. I've been a professional UNIX/network sysadmin since 1991, and currently sysadmin free software for a living through my own little company. I write regularly for LWN.
For those kind enough to care, I take the masculine pronoun by preference. That's it.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 8 months
350 profile views
Last seen May 18 at 14:16
- Server Fault 74k 74k 1313 gold badges158158 silver badges214214 bronze badges
- Open Source♦ 20.1k 20.1k 22 gold badges4242 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- Travel 8.4k 8.4k 22 gold badges3232 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.8k 1.8k 11 gold badge44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.7k 1.7k 22 gold badges1010 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 302 How do I prevent colleagues from making fun of the length of my password?
- 163 Does drilling a hole into a hard drive suffice to make its data unrecoverable?
- 162 reverse the order of characters in a string
- 156 What is a challenge password?
- 116 What is "-bash: !": event not found"
- 106 How to answer "Have you ever been refused a visa?" if I've had a refusal overturned
- 104 Perform rsync while following sym links
- View more network posts →