Hi! I'm the manager of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team at Stack Overflow! I've worked here since June 2013.
I've been a big fan of Stack Exchange since the start. Literally. I was listening to Joel and Mark's podcast when they were talking about this secret project idea they had. I was lucky enough to be invited into the secret beta.
What technology do I use? I like Go, Linux, Python, MacOS X, Puppet.
I used to know something about: Solaris, FreeBSD, Perl, and more.
System administrator, network engineer, time management guru, speaker, author of 6 books, and generally silly person. I wrote "Time Management for System Administrators" from O'Reilly. I co-wrote "The Practice of System and Network Administration" and "The Practice of Cloud System Administration".
I work at StackOverflow, owner of ServerFault and StackExchange, but I do not speak for them (except when I do).
- Server Fault 5.2k 5.2k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.3k 2.3k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Skeptics 564 564 11 gold badge44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 355 355 11 gold badge44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 198 Brief outage planned for Wed, May 3, 2017 at 8pm US/Eastern (00:00 UTC) (like a fire drill for computers)
- 91 Was this 4th grader's creationist quiz real?
- 79 How can I get diff to show only added and deleted lines? If diff can't do it, what tool can?
- 57 Brief maintenances planned for Sat, July 8 & 22, 2017 both at 14:00 UTC (10AM US/Eastern)
- 56 Brief maintenances planned for Sat, July 22, 2017 at 00:01 UTC (Fri July 21, 8pm US/Eastern)
- 51 Had the love overflowed to the servers?
- 51 In systemd, what's the difference between After= and Requires=?
- View more network posts →