Hi! I'm the manager of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team at Stack Overflow! I've worked here since June 2013.
I've been a big fan of Stack Exchange since the start. Literally. I was listening to Joel and Mark's podcast when they were talking about this secret project idea they had. I was lucky enough to be invited into the secret beta.
What technology do I use? I like Go, Linux, Python, MacOS X, Puppet.
I used to know something about: Solaris, FreeBSD, Perl, and more.
System administrator, network engineer, time management guru, speaker, author of 6 books, and generally silly person. I wrote "Time Management for System Administrators" from O'Reilly. I co-wrote "The Practice of System and Network Administration" and "The Practice of Cloud System Administration".
I work at StackOverflow, owner of ServerFault and StackExchange, but I do not speak for them (except when I do).
- Server Fault 6.8k 6.8k 44 gold badges2323 silver badges5050 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 5k 5k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.4k 3.4k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Skeptics 929 929 11 gold badge66 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 655 655 11 gold badge77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 198 Brief outage planned for Wed, May 3, 2017 at 8pm US/Eastern (00:00 UTC) (like a fire drill for computers)
- 96 MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2/4/9 UTC (8:30PM NYC-time on Dec 1/3/8, 2020)
- 95 Was this 4th grader's creationist quiz real?
- 94 How can I get diff to show only added and deleted lines? If diff can't do it, what tool can?
- 75 In systemd, what's the difference between After= and Requires=?
- 57 Brief maintenances planned for Sat, July 8 & 22, 2017 both at 14:00 UTC (10AM US/Eastern)
- 57 Had the love overflowed to the servers?
- View more network posts →