I was the recipient of the following message:
My name is Angelica Tello, and I saw your information on Serverfault. I’m interested in getting feedback from tech professionals on a few questions. I’m a part of Cydeck, a free site focused on helping tech professionals take control of their careers or grow their small business. Cydeck provides job opportunities, partnership alliances, project collaboration tools, knowing sharing and commerce exchange.
One of our features, Insights, has some similarities to Serverfault. Cydeck is driven by the needs of tech professionals. We would like your input on how we can help the IT community of professionals. I’m not trying to sell you anything; I’m just interested in creating a dialogue with professionals who are active in the tech community. Below are some questions I have for you.
As a tech professional, what are your business needs and wants?
- What attracted you to join and participate on Serverfault?
- What would you like to see be a part of online tech communities?
- I look forward to hearing from you, and thanks for your time!
Cydeck Community Support
You know you've reached a certain level of fame and fortune when others want your userbase. My questions, then, are:
- Has anyone else been contacted?
- How did you respond?
- What do Joel/Jeff/etc. think of this? (A moment of meta. :)