Recently, someone wanted to contact me about an answer I'd posted here. Since the relevant question was locked, they couldn't post a comment to that answer.
So they looked in my serverfault profile for an email address. I don't have one there because
- I think it's better for most SE business to be transacted in comments etc.
- I believe posting email addresses in public invites spam.
- I'm pretty poor at reading my email anyway.
- I think people can ping me by mentioning @redgrittybrick in a posting in relevant chat-room (e.g. The comms room) - is this true? Doesn't chat (and related SE "inbox" notification) dissapear after a day or so?
So, what is best-practise for details in profiles to facilitate communication in these circumstances?
- Add a link to The comms room in my profile.
- something else?