Here's some analysis of our... analysis of the last 18 months
- Questions/Answer volume is roughtly identical to 18 months ago
- Total page views is growing at a steady pace, it's approximately 60% higher than it was 18 moths ago
- Volume of votes is virtually identical to 18 months ago
- Volume of new users/week has grown by 300%
- Visits by "new" users us up by over 200%
Unfortunately I can't share the actual data with you, but what this says to me:
- The volume and quantity of questions are not increasing
- But the good we are doing for the wider community is growing
And ultimately that's what I'm here for. I don't really care if the site explodes to be like Stack Overflow, what I care about is that my questions or answers are found by googlers and are helpful, and according to the stats of new users and page views, this is what's happening.
It's also not uncommon to see a question with 0 or 1 or 2 upvotes with 10,000 views. Take this discrepancy:
They're roughly our two most popular questions (I'm excluding anomalies like this, which got their views from being the top-rated SE questions for weeks straight and using emotive language in the title), and they seem to get about 5 votes per 30,000 views. That's because we as professionals don't value the questions (too basic?) but the rest of the internet really needs that sort of information. And we're providing it.